I feel very blessed to have been nominated twice for this award, and if I’m truly honest I’d not heard of it until I was nominated! It’s basically a gesture of respect and acknowledgment given to bloggers from bloggers. It’s a way we can let each other know that we’re within a cyber community, and loving what each other are doing.
Not everyone accepts the award as it does take a bit of work to do, and some people see it as a ‘chain letter’. I however feel grateful that there is this platform for me to give shout outs to blogs that I admire.
The rules of the Award to make sure we continue to ‘Share the love’, are as follows.
11 interesting facts about me! I’m actually finding this harder than I thought.
1. I was set up with my husband via Facebook by my best friend, whose name is Pixie hence why our daughter is called Pixie.
2. I haven’t washed my hair for about a year now! No poo movement.
3. When I was 18 I worked at an abattoir and lasted 3 days! No surprise I’m now Vegan.
4. I am bordering in extremely dyslexic, my husband has to proof read everything I write, and gets asked about 20 times a day while I’m writing, ‘how do you spell…???’
5. I am Teetotal as I’ve had renal failure twice.
6. I used to have a big gap in my front teeth, but now it’s closed up because my wisdom teeth have pushed it together. (just as it got fashionable too!)
7. I used to model when I was younger in the UK.
8. I write a sustainability article every month for the Lifestyle website.
9. I trained as a Massage therapist in the UK, and worked in a rehabilitation centre for injured Fire fighters.
10. I used to have a shaved head when I was younger.
11. I gave birth to the twins naturally.
Because Jennifer nominated me first I’m going to answer her questions, but I still wanted to acknowledge Laney too.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I became a mother, I was constantly on the internet when I was pregnant and once the kids were born, looking for the best eco-friendly products to use with the kids. I hated the thought of giving them anything to put in their mouths or put on their bodies that had harsh chemicals. The more I learnt about what went into products, and what alternatives there were out there, I just had to share it.
2. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
I love my bell bottoms, they’re super comfortable and easy to wear – which is essential while crawling and rolling around with twin toddlers. I feel like I can still have a little bit of style, even when I’m in complete comfort mode.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve/pet hate?
People who prefer to be ignorant than see the state of the environment, animal cruelty, sweat shops etc. I can understand if people know about all that is happening in the world and admit they’re aware, but they just don’t care. This in itself is pretty troubling to me, but what is worse is when someone doesn’t even want to hear about it, so then they don’t have to admit that they just don’t care.
4. What did you want to be when you were a child?
I actually wanted to be a mum, like my mum. I wasn’t in a hurry to have babies but I knew that that was my calling. I wanted to be an actor for a short while in school, but my dyslexia put an end to that. Schools weren’t as aware back then and I didn’t get any help.
5. What is your favourite TV series?
I do love a good series, I would have to say ‘Game of Thrones’, I know it’s not on now but I can’t wait!!
6. Who was your celebrity crush when you were a teenager?
Brad Pitt! When he was with Juliette Lewis, ahh dream couple. A bit like Kate and Johnny!
7. If you were on death row and the Warden asked you what you wanted as your final meal, what would it be and why?
This is a hard one as I love so much food. I think it would have to be a Roast (Vegan) and then a slice of Chocolate (Vegan) cake for dessert, with a glass of Kombucha.
8. Bag or shoes?
I know this might disappoint you Jennifer but I’m not a fan of either. I don’t like wearing shoes and if I can get away with not, them I’m happy. And bags are more of a necessity than a want for me, if I could get away with not having a bag I would, but thats never going to happen with kids!
9. If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for?
That the UK was closer to Australia, so we could see our family and friends more often. Obviously moving a country is probably a bit tricky, so I’d settle with a Portal that allowed us to step through to the UK!
10. What 3 words would you use to describe Eco Warrior Princess?
Warm, inspiring and beautiful.
My Nominations for the Liebster award are:
Katie – Sustainability in Style
Elisa – Style Bizarre
Babs – Patchwork cactus
Alexis – Miss Conscious Consumer
Wendy – Moral Fibres
Here are my questions for you –
1. What is your favourite pastime?
2. If you could go back in time and meet anyone you wanted, who would it be and why?
3. If you were told you could only eat 3 things for the rest of your life, what would they be?
4. Favourite film?
5. Who’d win in a fight, a dolphin or unicorn? (This is my husbands contribution to the awards!)
6. Whats your book recommendation for 2015?
7. In 5 years time where would you like to see yourself professionally?
8. Do you have any unusual talents?
9. Beach life or City life?
10. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers and learning more about you. I really enjoy reading your blogs and this is my way of sharing the love with you guys.
Thank you so much Jennifer for nominating me, it’s been so lovely connecting with you over the last few months, it’s amazing how friendships can grow in the blogging world. If I could nominate you back I would xx.